Wednesday, June 19, 2013

Beaded Christmas Ornaments 2

Every time I pull out my box of beads, I'm surprised at what I find. It's like going on a treasure hunt! If I remember correctly, the main green and yellow beaded beads were from an old necklace that fell apart.

After choosing the main beads, I dug around to find other beads of similar color. Those teardrop beads for the bottom of the ornament are really sweet. I tried to find beads of various sizes so that, when stacked, the ornament would have a pleasing shape.

Some of the beads I chose have very small holes. Pipe cleaners were too big to push through. So I found some gold beading wire for the core instead. Because it's thin, the finished ornaments don't feel very "sturdy," but they ought to hold together just fine.

I would have made more, but I only had five of the large yellow beads.

I just may have caught the beading bug again. Perhaps. But two days ago I received a cross-stitch chart in the mail ...

We'll have to wait and see what catches my attention next.


No comments: