Saturday, April 18, 2015

Self Portrait Week 15: Twenty-four Years

This week Dale and I celebrated our 24th wedding anniversary. My gift to him was a joint photo session.



We do have our fun!




-

--- 

Photo Lessons I learned:

Dale was a good sport and played along with posing ideas. One thing I learned at the Parks & Rec seminar I took a couple weeks ago was that necklaces can be a tricky component to portrait photography. They like to go wonky. I learned this first hand in this photo session. Many of the photos were marred because my pearl necklace was askew.

I set up the lighting much the same as the last two weeks: backlight on the wall, key light with umbrella, fill light, and a reflector. I learned that things need to be modified when there's more than one person in the shot. I had to deal with some sharp shadows. We changed the lighting a bit between the first and second photograph, plus I had to tweak it some more in editing. The camera was on a tripod and I used a wired remote shutter and a custom white balance.

F 6.3 ... 1/25 sec ... ISO 800 ... 55mm

No comments: