Saturday, April 9, 2016

Big Pile of Sparkle

Nothing catches my eye quite like sparkly things. This year, for the first time ever, I've decided to have a Christmas "theme" tree upstairs. It will be covered in beaded ornaments. I've made some over the years, but not nearly enough to cover a 6 foot tree. This means I have lots of delightful ornament crafting to do in the months ahead.


Jeanne came by one day to have a crafternoon with me. Jodie Skyped in. We all chatted and crafted together. I bought six different beaded ornament kits. Jeanne picked these star-shaped ones to try first.


All the beads and wire are supplied in the kit. We needed only the beading tools, a pencil, and a little hot glue. Putting them together made for a very pleasant afternoon in my Studio.


Here's the kit I used. It makes eight ornaments ... with a few beads left over.


No comments: