Sunday, November 6, 2016

Return of the Slouch Hat

Project Pinterest 15



In the last year I made three of these crocheted slouch hats, trying to alter the pattern so it was *just right* for me. I wanted one to match the scarf I knit. I finally got it.

I used a nice fat size K crochet hook to get big fluffy stitches.


I used Lion Brand Tweed Stripes yarn in color 201 Orchid. This yarn has two colors twisted together, and then the color shifts in the length of the yarn so that you get stripes as you stitch.


I altered the pattern a bit to have more crossed stitch double crochets on every-other row during the increase. Then I made it extra long to allow for a lot of slouch when worn.


I also added four of five extra rows of single crochets around the band to make it wider where it hugs my forehead.


I'm pretty happy with how it turned out! Now on to my next bit of needlework. I'm in the mood to do some embroidery on paper. That will be easy stitching as I watch the election results this week.

---

Inspiration is the Kisses Slouchy Hat by Kristina Olson Designs

No comments: