Tuesday, August 8, 2017

A Crafty Reward

Besides lovin' on our new grandbaby every couple weeks, I've been busy with a long-put-off job. Thoroughly cleaning the ten window blinds in our home. These fussy things had to be taken down and sprayed with a vinegar-and-water solution. Then each slat was shot with steam, front and back, and wiped individually.

The blinds near the kitchen had more greasy dirt on them than I care to admit. Those five blinds, three of which are floor to ceiling, took three hours each to clean. Then after cleaning each blind, I washed the windows thoroughly inside and out. Once reinstalled, the blinds got one last wipe down with rubbing alcohol to remove the last bit of grit. It's quite a job in this hot weather with all the intense odors, the steam going off near my face inside, and 95 degree days outside.

I got the blinds done last weekend. Now to wash the rest of the windows in the house. I put this job off for so many years that I figured if I only did two windows per day, I'd actually finish the task because I wouldn't wear myself out too much. I have only seven more windows to do, but three are at second-story height, so I still need to figure out how to attack them.

With that big job nearing completion, I've decided to reward myself by setting up my next craft project.


I found this idea on Pinterest a while ago, but wasn't sure where to get all the supplies. Dale found just what I needed. It's a wreath composed of the little colorful paper umbrellas that decorate tropical drinks.

This should be fun!

No comments: