Friday, August 18, 2017

Studio 31 - Day 8

We had a very pleasant visit with Julie and Melody who drove up today. Grandma and Grandpa got lots of cuddles. Melody is about 11 weeks old now and already growing out of her newborn clothing. She showed her grandparents her neat new trick of rolling from her tummy to her back. She can also hold her head up all by herself.


Julie and I spent a little time in my Studio picking out fabrics and trims for my next project, a tag blanket. Julie introduced the idea to me. It's a small blanket that's about 20 inches square, made of fabrics with various textures. Into the edge I'll sew loops of ribbon, elastic, cord, and lace. The idea is to give a baby lots of stimulation by touching the different textures.

Inspired by Wholefully

This was stash petting heaven for me. After pulling out many fabrics and trims, these are the textures we settled on. Soft knit and fleece fabrics. Textured felt. Satin, organza, velvet, eyelet and grosgrain ribbons in varying widths, eye-catching prints and lots of plain colors. Cotton lace. Fake fur. Textured elastic. Smooth cording. Velcro.


I think this will be a fairly fun and fast project - with some extra Grandma love. Maybe I can even complete it this weekend.

No comments: