Friday, September 22, 2017

Painted Jars - Part 1

One of the nearby libraries offers an evening adult crafts class. A friend and I decided to go together and give it a try. The craft for September was painted and decorated jars.

We brought some jars and others were provided. They also provided lots of ideas from Pinterest and from library books about how we might choose to decorate. They had paints and ribbons and florals and beads and stencils and other components for embellishment. There was no instruction so much as oodles of ideas. The participants had ideas that fed off one another.


I brought some mason jars with me. In Part 2 I'll show you what I did with mine. I found this small jar with an interesting shape among the jars the library provided. I decided to turn the jar upside down and turn it into a pumpkin!

I used orange spray paint on the outside of the jar. I glued some raffia strips top to bottom to define the pumpkin sections. I cut three leaves down to size and glued them to the center top. Then I took a small piece of burlap ribbon, glued it into a tube shape, then glued it on top of the leaves to create the stem.


I think it turned out so cute!

This Fall I plan to create a pumpkin patch on my living room mantle. This quirky little glass pumpkin will be one of the stars of the patch.

No comments: