Saturday, February 26, 2011

WIP: Groundhog's Day 1

One of the gals I know from a cross-stitch e-mail group encouraged me to start posting photos of my current work in progress on my blog. She said that it's fun to watch the progress, and has the side benefit of inspiring her to stitch more.

So Ellie, this one's for you!
:)

I started stitching Groundhog's Day today. As you might be able to see, I already made one counting error. The little guy is supposed to have two front teeth, not one. I intend to fix that the cheater's way ... stitching over the dark threads with the lighter one rather than removing the errant stitches. I'll do the "real" fix if the cheater one doesn't work (it requires more time).

My husband spent a couple hours trying to get my computer to talk to my scanner. He managed a plausible work-around for me after researching why the original way I scanned doesn't work any more. Now that scanning has returned to a simple process, maybe I can get in the habit of posting these works in progress (WIP) more often.

But I know me.
No. Promises.

5 comments:

socialsue said...

Very cute ! I agree that having a blog is great to watch the progress of your stitching! I have a blog for that very reason too.

socialsue

Charity said...

Looking good!

Charity said...

Looking good! I like seeing WIP's!

DUSTY said...

he looks good so far Cameo

Anonymous said...

Thanks for showing us!! You know I follow your blog. You make it so interesting!!
Ellie