Thursday, May 5, 2011

WIP: Single Rose 1

I started my next cross-stitch project. This time, I'm stitching something for myself! It's called "Single Rose" and is a Dimensions Gold Collection petite kit. This is how it will look when finished.


I found this kit last year when I was on a trip to Denver to visit my daughter. I had the luxury of stopping at a little shop called Country Crafts in Greeley, CO and spent hours there, pawing through every rack and every basket and every flat surface.


Much of the background on this chart is stitched using a half cross stitch. I've begun in the bottom left corner.

The colors in this lovely piece go swimmingly with the decor in my living/dining room. So when it's stitched and framed, it will be displayed on a wall in one of those two rooms.

4 comments:

mdgtjulie said...

That's really pretty. I like it a lot. Can't wait to watch your progress!

Bea said...

Cameo, I absolutely love it! This is the type of designs I drool over and Dimensions likes to use this type of background on a lot of their kits. It's going to be stunning when you're through with it. Enjoy!
Bea

Cindy in MA said...

This will be beautiful when finished. Will watch progress.

Anonymous said...

Lovely. Enjoy.
Dee in TN