Sunday, October 11, 2015

Happy Birthday, Dear Old Friend

One of my long-time friends had a birthday last month. I decided to take some time in my Studio to play and make him a card. I found an adorable card on Pinterest that I used as inspiration.


I printed out the bird design, then layered it on a blank card with a bit of scrapbooking paper and a privacy design from the inside of an envelope. Then I embellished the birds, making them fuzzy by trimming the pile off red and yellow pom poms and glueing it to the birds' bodies. For fun, I added the google eyes. I was able to use the grid of the scrapbook paper to keep my lettering even.


I finished off the card by printing a birthday greeting and gluing it inside the card, adding a sparkly sticker just for fun. It's a good thing this friend has a good sense of humor.


---

Card inspired by Nan Cee of Split Coast Stampers




1 comment:

ZenRoadDoc said...

Thanks Margaret! Just getting caught up on your blog. Cool-fuzzy card. ~Love, Paul