Thursday, March 10, 2022

Different Holiday, Change of Decorations

It's a little weird that I decorate for St. Patrick's day. Neither Dale nor I have any Irish blood in us. Neither do we enjoy corned beef and cabbage, shamrock shakes, or green beer (or any beer, really). I simply like making things and decorating.


I'm using the same decorations as I have for years. I rearrange them slightly each year, using the table in our entryway as the main focus. This year the sparkly shamrocks are on the wall. Dale and Margaret as leprechauns are dancing on the picture frame.


I did make one small addition this year. I crafted new ornaments for our little lighted tree. I used a recycled two-tone green file folder as the base. I punched out some scalloped circles. Then I adhered a shamrock sticker to each side of the cardstock. Finally I added a bit of green and white baker's twine as a hanger.


They're sweet, hanging from the lit branches.

And yes, with gnomes instead of leprechauns. 


Plus, always, always, a-l-w-a-y-s the reminder to kiss!



#cornerofmyhome

No comments: