Sunday, July 20, 2008

Sunday Secrets: July 20, 2008

PostSecret is an ongoing community art project where people mail in their secrets anonymously on one side of a homemade postcard. I find it to be an amazing sociological experiment. These secrets reminded me of stories from my own life:

I had a boyfriend in my early college years that believed in God, but also believed that he had done something so unforgivable that God would not take him back in. I don't know what that secret was.

Duncan, if you're out there, I hope you finally realized that the forgiveness of God and the ability to receive second (and third and fourth and fifth and more) chances from other people is much much greater than you originally thought. I hope that in your 50s, you have more peace than you did in your twenties.



I love the look on this girl's face. I have plenty of journals, dating back from grade school days. They are not hidden. And my middle daughter knows that she can read as much as she wants of them when I die ... and let them be fodder for her writing.

::evil grin::

There's plenty of seeds for great stories there. As my youngest daughter says,
"Mom, you're a high color woman."



This being 50 thing is A-OK. My skin shows all kinds of signs of events my body has endured. I got my hair cut this week, and there is more and more gray. As the curls fell in my lap, I realized just how much they look like my grandmother's. That makes me smile.


I'm getting much more at peace with my body, too. I've been toying with the notion of nude photography. I bought a book this week that allows my imagination play with the notion.

No comments: