Friday, September 10, 2010

Vicki's Bookmark

Vicki let me know her surprise book and bookmark arrived in the mail, so now I get to share it here. (Didn't want to spoil her surprise by posting the image too soon).

Vicki's favorite color is blue. She has a very happy spirit and is full of fun and kindness and love. This little blue bird and heart was just the ticket. But the plants? Nah. They're just for looks. She tells me she does NOT have a green thumb.

I found this pattern eons ago online. I'm not sure this particular design is still available, but this Italian website has a number of very nice freebie charts. Worth a look!

Vicki and I first got reacquainted when I learned she is a stitcher, too! Vicki, however, has the stamina to complete those very large and intricate BAPs that I just can't wrap my head around. She does gorgeous work ... at least from what I've seen online. I can't wait to see her pieces in person!

So the book I chose? Well, Vicki likes good novels so I chose Stitches in Time by Barbara Michaels. I remember it as a nicely eerie book about the magical powers of a wedding quilt. A fun read.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

It is SO BEAUTIFUL@@@

Carolyn NC said...

Very pretty!

Unknown said...

The bookmark is lovely and it sounds like a perfect book selection for Vicki.