Thursday, April 16, 2009

What a Wonderful World

I like to listen to this song on my mp3 player in the morning. It reminds me to look throughout the day for the little things that make life wonderful.

This shadowgraphy rendition of the song is one of my favorites.




I had a taste of this wonderful world today. I took a "Starburst Day." It's a lot like what some people call a "Mental Health Day," only I use it as a day away from my regular duties in which I can focus on inspirational and creative pursuits. What did I do?
  • Listened to 40 episodes of The Writer's Almanac
  • Played "beauty shop"
  • Sent a gift to a friend
  • Bantered with the young man at the post office
  • Dabbled in some html on my website
  • Took a walk
  • Started planning my daughter's graduation party
  • Took a ride in the convertible with my sweet husband after work
With the air blowing through our hair, the sun out, the expanse of the Rathdrum prairie stretching around us, the snow on the mountains in the distance, the haze of evening beginning to roll in ...

Yes.

It's a Wonderful World!

1 comment:

Carolyn NC said...

That was so cool! I especially loved the baby and parent hands.