Tuesday, May 5, 2009

Patience, My Dear, Patience

It's the end of another day. I had reasonable goals today, and met all but one. I did a good job. I ought to be proud of my accomplishments.

Yet once again I'm getting ready to crawl into bed and feel a sense of disappointment. I didn't get exercise in -- again. It was rainy and blustery and there was even thunder and lightening. So I didn't go out for my walk.

I'm trying to get past being hard on myself. But I see all the weight I lost last year come back. I threw out the 'fat clothes,' so now my clothes don't fit. I know my blood sugars and triglycerides are out of whack again. I know the key is exercise.

The weight is only one thing that is unsolved in my heart. I'm trying to be patient and gentle about dealing with it.

So I remember that last year I did make huge progress. I can do it again.

And I remember that other issues, unsolved at this time last year, have found resolution.

I'll keep putting one foot in front of the other. My heart will wait.

No comments: