Thursday, September 17, 2015

Trust

All month long I've been intensely dealing with this issue:



In my parents' last years, they chose to live near me. I helped them with doctor appointments and meals and gave them their final rides to the hospitals in which they died. I was reliable, responsible, mature and steadfast. I did right by them.


After they died, they named me as the person to take care of and distribute their worldly goods and their nestegg. For over 15 years, I took on the job as family trustee. I did right by them.


For the last three months, I've been winding down this job. It's become intense this month as I did research and writing and working with professionals to pave the way for the trustees who will take over this job. I did right by them.


I'm really glad my parents trusted me with their lives and their goods. And there was a degree of satisfaction to be able to help so many of their grandkids go to college. But now ...

:: sigh ::

Now I am so ready to move on to the next stage of my life without the burden and responsibility of caring for someone else's finances. 

I'm ready to rest in Dale's arms.









No comments: