Tuesday, October 3, 2017

It's Getting Chilly

Last night I added a blanket to my bed.

This morning it was 36 degree when I woke up. I doubled up my socks when I got dressed and layered my sweatshirt and sweatpants.

In the kitchen, my favorite plant that lives near the glass slider is showing signs of stress. Time to give it some artificial light for daytime warmth.

October third. I turned up the heat in the living room and kitchen. That seems fairly early for needing to heat the house. Wasn't it nearly 100 degrees three weeks ago?

I spent most of the day crocheting an afghan. That yarn feels cozy as the blanket grows in my lap.

At 3:30, the sun had finally warmed the air outside. I changed out of my sweats and into a T-shirt. Then I donned my sunglasses and went out for a walk.

I'm not sure the temperature hit freezing last night, but it got close enough that the trees and bushes got the cue. Time to shed their green and show their vibrant naked selves. This fancy number reached high into the autumn sky, arms entwined with its brother.


I'm not quite ready for the cold, but I sure do love the other aspects of Autumn.

No comments: