Sunday, October 8, 2017

Floral Covered Pumpkin

Here's an idea I found on Pinterest from the Lowe's hardware store. In the Lowe's version, fresh chrysanthemums were used with real pumpkins. In my version, I covered a craft pumpkin with five different craft florals.


I bought this carvable foam pumpkin at Dollar Tree, along with 5 different floral stems in autumn colors. To decorate the pumpkin, I pulled the flowers off the top of the stems and poked them directly into the foam. Most of the flowers stayed attached that way. A few needed a drop of hot glue to help them remain in place.


To top it off, I attached a few of the vines and leaves near the pumpkin stem.


This year, I've expanded my pumpkin patch on the living room mantle. I added a few new shiny pumpkins, including the painted jar pumpkin I made in September. I also displayed two of my pumpkin stitcheries, including the Pumpkin Patch which I finished in August.


I was too lazy to dig out my "big girl camera" on this lazy holiday weekend, so these photos aren't the best quality. I'll make an effort to get photos with better lighting before the season is over. I'm enjoying this little #cornerofmyhome .



---

Inspired by Lowe's Pumpkins Decorated with Chrysanthemums





No comments: