Tuesday, May 4, 2021

Try It Too-sday: Sweetlips

Daughter Jeanne is two weeks past her second vaccination dose. She came by to play since we can be maskless together in person. First we made cookies. Then had some lunch with her dad. She helped me with some shopping. And we found a geocache together.

We spent the rest of the time recreating an image for #tryittoosday.

Like most of the others I've attempted, mimicking someone else's photo takes more brain power than I imagined. Each time I think I'm choosing a simple image to re-make, but I find myself back in the weeds. I was very happy to have Jeanne's help with this. She is a whiz with photo editing, and teaches me new tricks every session.

Here's our version of the leaf-that-would-be-lips:

Here's the original image I saved in August 2013. I don't know who the original photographer is, but I love their point of view:


I tend to get lost in the details. Jeanne pulled me back to solid ground. I'm heartened that we get to spend time together in person again!

No comments: