Sunday, October 31, 2021

Breakthrough!

My creativity just might be home from its long holiday. I sure hope so.


Jodie came by to have a "crafternoon" with me. She's working on a big crochet project. Since I was in a dry spell, I didn't have anything in particular in mind to work on. But I have been meaning to pick up
Elfie Whoo again to see if I could get un-stuck with this small cross-stitch ornament that I started last February.

It appears I simply needed a second pair of eyes to look things over and help me make some decisions. With Jodie's help, I was able to figure out the bottom of the ornament, the color of the ribbons on the gifts, and how to add the words.

Once those decisions were made, I was able to complete the ornament in just a few hours.



I made a "Baby's First Christmas" ornament for Melody back in 2017. But in the Summer and Fall of 2019 we were busy with our move to Oregon. I forgot to make a special ornament for Annalee. Julie asked if I could make one now.



Annie's favorite animals are owls. I used the chart from the 2015 Just CrossStitch Christmas Ornaments magazine, then added the date and words.



I am ecstatic to have moved through this months-long roadblock. If I'm lucky, this will be the push I need to get on a roll. I have many, many projects in long lines, ready to be made. I so hope Owlie is the start of a creative streak.

I guess we'll find out together.

No comments: