Saturday, April 16, 2022

Sweet Corn and Summer Dreams

This is the very first jigsaw puzzle Dale and I put together this year. That may not seem like such a big deal, except in comparison to last year. During my year of anxiety, I'd already put 24 puzzles together by mid April!


The image on this puzzle is by Jane Wooster Scott. It has all the things Dale and I most enjoy in a puzzle, namely lots of detail in a picture of an Americana countryside. 


It's unlike puzzles we usually construct in several ways. First, I don't know that I've ever put a puzzle together with a scalloped edge. That was slightly tricky. Instead of putting the edge pieces together first, we started building the individual inside scenes, connected the scenes together, and fitted the edge to the rest of the puzzle last.


It had some fun surprises in that the some of the puzzle pieces came in recognizable shapes of animals and objects. Here are a few of the many, many fun shapes. Some of the shapes were a single piece. Others were recognizable when 2 - 4 pieces were put together.


One of the most interesting bits about this puzzle is that it is backed with cork! That made for nice, thick pieces. Once the puzzle was completed, I could pick up the entire thing without it falling apart.


It felt good to be back in a puzzling groove.

No comments: