Sunday, May 1, 2022

In the Center

I've decided to give myself another photo challenge. For much of the month of May, I plan to return to my first love, macro photography. I'm calling my challenge #macromay

I hope to get my "big girl camera" out much more often. But I also want to see what my phone's camera can do on the macro setting. Then I want to play with microscopes. I have a digital microscope that is yet to be unpacked, and a real-life scientific microscope that hasn't seen the light of day in a few years.

We'll see. I'll take it a day at a time.

Undoubtedly, there will be a multitude of flower photos. They are what drew me to close-up photography in the first place. Perhaps I'll find bugs and leaves and threads and art supplies to take a closer look at, too.

I captured quite a number of macro images when visiting Ruff Park when the magnolias were blooming last month. I'll start there. Here's the center of a blossom. I swoon over the colors and textures.



No comments: