Thursday, August 10, 2023

Quilted Heart #25

My friend M has a friend, C, who is going through a rough patch. Stage 4 cancer. 

Not good. 

When M told me about her profound sadness, I offered to make a Quilted Heart for him as a way to help him know there are folks around who care. I'm grateful M said yes. I like making these hearts and appreciate having a reason to make another.


I started with a blue fabric with a snowflake/star design. To it I added a delicate lace heart. Then I popped on a darker blue ribbon. I sewed the pieces together with a backstitch using matching blue thread. 

M told me C likes penguins, I made one from felt, adding googly eyes for lightheartedness and whimsy. 


I finished it off with a bow of the same blue ribbon and a charm: the Tree of Life.


Please join me in a quick little prayer for C's difficult health journey ahead. Bless M, too, for giving me this small opportunity to serve.

We are all so connected to the joys and pain of one another.

No comments: