Wednesday, October 2, 2024

Sisters Under the Sun

Sick. Again. So I took a puzzle break. The bright colors of this image by Holly Sierra became a welcome diversion.


I chose a 750 piece puzzle this time. That's unusual for me. This RoseArt puzzle came in a sturdy box and has a half-size poster with the finished design. It was just hard enough to be a challenge without being so difficult that it stopped being fun. I like puzzles that allow me steady progress.


I picked this puzzle up at a thrift store over the summer. When I was boxing it up after finishing it, I saw that it had two thrift store stickers on it already. Looks like I should have bought it in March from the Goodwill store instead of from St. Vinnie's in June!


The puzzle's in pretty good shape, though. Clean. Some of the print was lifting from the cardboard base on a few pieces. I glued them back down. But as with used puzzles, it's not unusual to have missing pieces. This had one.


So I took some corrugated cardboard, sharp scissors and colored pencils and fashioned a replacement piece. 


It more-or-less works. 


When I pass the puzzle on, I'll include a note about the missing piece. I appreciate it when other puzzlers do the same for me.


:: psssst ::
Did you notice the heart between their fingers? It didn't capture my attention until I was working on the hands.

No comments: