Wednesday, October 9, 2024

Oh, Say, Can You See?

Lookie what I actually finished! The Flag of Stars design that I started back in June. It takes me a while to figure out the math on the finishing. Numbers are not my strong suit.


As a reminder, this is what the pattern from Bent Creek looks like.


Rather than framing it as shown on the pattern front, I finished it as a 12-inch square pillow cover with a zipped bottom


and some top stitching for definition at the border.


Here's the front with the pillow form inserted. Nice and puffy.


For the back I used the same fabric as the border.


This is how it looks in place on our living room couch.


So, shall I use it for ... Veteran's Day? I slid right past Flag Day, Memorial Day, Independence Day, and Labor Day. Good thing all the patriotic holidays return every year.

No comments: