Saturday, November 24, 2007

Day 512: A First Attempt

I added this new photograph to Creative Journey in my Photography section, Makiki

It's getting late. I was at a loss of what photo to post today. So I wondered into my daughter's [messy] room and started snappin' shots of this and that.

In peeking behind the curtains that cover her shelves, I found her stash of stuffed animals.

Little Makiki caught my eye.

A few years back, my oldest daughter, Jeanne, got on a kick of making stuffed animals and beaded animals. She called them Jeannie Babies.

My youngest daughter, Jodie, liked the idea. She wanted to make a special gift for one of her online friends. This little cat was her first attempt.

Jodie wasn't sure it cut the muster for sending to her friend Maki. But I think it's a cute and motley little fella, and an excellent first attempt at hand sewing.

No comments: