Thursday, November 22, 2007

Day 510: Happy Thanksgiving!

I added this new photograph to Creative Journey in my Photography section, We've Got Game

We're having a very nice relaxing day today. We're celebrating in a small way. Just my husband, my two youngest daughters and me.

We've had phone calls with our best friends and our eldest daughter. We've eaten lots of veggies for snacks. We worked together to make a very simple turkey dinner starting with a special blessing cup prayer and ending with warm cherry pie for dessert.

We've watched a Harry Potter movie and the Top Chef marathon. And we played a game of Scrabble.

Julie is now off to a movie with her friend. Dale is sleeping off the turkey. Jodie and I are catching up on some computer time.

Later? Karaoke! And, yes. We'll even watch some Tivo'd programs. I'll likely throw in a bit of stitching, too.

I'm thankful for my little family and the ease of this day. I'm thankful for being a Thanksgiving baby. I'm thankful for far-away friends and my sister and niece that stay in touch every holiday.

I'm thankful for the freedoms this country offers — like the freedom of self-expression that allows me to share my thoughts through this blog.

No comments: