Wednesday, November 14, 2007

Day 502: The Lowering Sun

I added this new photograph to Creative Journey in my Photography section,
Leaf Shimmer

As I was driving to the post office late yesterday afternoon, I glanced up at the trees over the school yard and found this bit of glory.

The sun was lowering in the southwest sky, but was not yet close enough to the horizon to shift the light into the sunset hues.

Instead, it lit up these two deciduous autumn trees amid the shadows of the surrounding evergreens and neighborhood homes. The leaves danced in the chilly breeze. The setting sun glinted from their yellow and red faces.

Glad I didn't cause an accident by quickly pulling up to the curb! I tried, but I just couldn't get a good angle.

So I drove around the corner, rolled my window down, and snapped a few shots.

Carrying my camera with me at all times is starting to pay off!

No comments: