Monday, November 26, 2007

Day 514: Winter Begins

I added this new photograph to Creative Journey in my Photography section, First Dusting

It's flying in late this year. It arrived tonight. Our first snowfall has reached the valley floor.

It was only a light dusting when I went out on our deck to be a part of the magic. So pristine, my shoes made a clear imprint in the crystals.

It's pretty like this. But it's only the beginning. The forecast is for 4 - 7 inches by morning. That ought to make for some interesting traveling weather as my husband and I head across state to celebrate my birthday.

It's like being on a ship and getting your sea legs. Northwest drivers lose their minds during the year and forget how to drive in the snow. Takes the first week of sliding around in the slick stuff to get steady on the road again.

No comments: