Wednesday, June 18, 2008

Day 664: On My Desk - Mini Tasks

I added this new photograph
to Creative Journey
in my Photography section,
Mini Tasks

Here's my next installment as a participant in the On My Desk photo meme.

I've got to say, the good part of participating in this photo meme is that it makes me look at my desk and get real with myself. This is the pile to my right. Lots of these items have been stacking up for weeks (oh, OK ... months on some) waiting for me to knuckle down and take care of them.

So what tasks await today?
  1. Install Photoshop Elements
    (I received that as a Mother's Day gift and still haven't installed it!)

  2. Hang the crystal prisms in my window
    (Remember that scene from Pollyanna where she goes to visit the grumpy neighbor, takes the crystals from his chandelier and hangs them in the window to create rainbows on the wall? The old guy's heart begins to soften. Well, I bought these crystals months ago. Time to make some rainbows!)

  3. File the stack of catalogs and investment information.
    (It's pure laziness keeping me from that. Will take all of 2 minutes — takes longer to write about it here. Can you spell
    P-R-O-C-R-A-S-T-I-N-A-T-I-O-N ?

  4. Hope for an Internet phone call.
    (My ear piece and microphone are ready! Hope my friend is!)
Shhhhhh! Don't tell anyone. There's another big pile of mini tasks to do on the other side of my desk. But ... let's just see if I can conquer this stack first.

1 comment:

Maureen Reynolds said...

Oh PE 6. I have PE 4 (Mac) and until I get a handle on this one, I'm not gonna change. I know all about all those mini tasks that take longer to write down than to do. Such foolishness, isn't it?