Sunday, June 29, 2008

Sunday Secrets: June 29, 2008

PostSecret is an ongoing community art project where people mail in their secrets anonymously on one side of a homemade postcard. I find it to be an amazing sociological experiment. I found four secrets that resonated this week.

When I was in my early college years, I made this offer to a guy I was nuts about. He didn't take me up on the offer. Now, I'm in a good marriage. His sucks. I think I came out of that deal better.


Ouch. Yeah. But as a kid, I was too scared to call the police. Too afraid of letting the family secret out. After I left my first husband and had lived for six weeks with my two babies in a women's shelter, I wasn't so afraid any more. I worked at the county courthouse. On my lunch break, I was on my way to my car, along with a bunch of other employees. A man and his soon-to-be-ex-wife were fighting on their way to divorce court. He was getting pretty nasty. I was the only one to stop and ask if she needed help ... and call the police for her.


I love my counselor and am unbelievably grateful for her.
I just wish I had a friend I could talk to that was as understanding.


Sometimes, I can't either. And it hurts.

No comments: