Sunday, June 15, 2008

Sunday Secrets: June 15, 2008

PostSecret is an ongoing community art project where people mail in their secrets anonymously on one side of a homemade postcard. I find it to be an amazing sociological experiment. These secrets rang true this week .

When I was growing up, I used to have a really hard time picking out Father's Day cards for my dad, too. He was a hard man to love because he scared me so. I didn't even bother looking at the "best dad in the world" cards or the "daddy's little girl" cards. I had to find something along the lines of "respect" or "honor." Thank goodness, things changed.


And this is how it changed. He listened to me. He apologized. I forgave him. I'm so very, very glad that it was not too late for us. The last year of my dad's life is one I'll always treasure. We got to know each other as adults and found a new love and respect for each other.

Thanks, Dad!

No comments: