Thursday, November 2, 2017

Month of Gratitude - Day 02

Today's prompt: What technology are you grateful for?

Me? Which technology am I not grateful for? I enjoy the tools I have that make my life easier. Washers & dryers. Stoves, ovens, refrigerators, & microwaves. TV, Tivo, stereo, DVDs, MP3 players, Smartphones. Computers, big monitors, Fitbits. Lights and heat.

I think of all the things I use on a daily basis that the people in Puerto Rico have to do without since the hurricane and floods wiped out their electrical grid and cell towers.

I appreciate the internet a lot. Since most of my hours are spent alone, the internet keeps me connected to those I most love, to friends, to news and information and inspiration.

If push comes to shove, I'd say one piece of technology I'm very thankful for is my Canon camera with the macro lens attached.


When life feels difficult - especially when my mental health feels like it's under attack - one of my go-to regenerative tools is taking photographs of tiny details in my life. That activity concentrates my mind. It makes normal time disappear by stretching and contracting moments. It makes me aware of light and energy. It forces the technical side of my brain to connect with the creative side.


And it helps me produce beautiful results. For all of that, I am grateful.

No comments: