Saturday, November 25, 2017

Month of Gratitude - Day 25

Prompt: What moment this week are you most grateful for?


Getting to see some of my extended family, and Skyping with Jodie was really good. Celebrating Jeanne's birthday was nice, and receiving a gift from her.

Yet one moment stands out among the rest. My granddaughter Melody is generally a fairly quiet baby. She studies. Her mom can get her to giggle. She makes some particular sounds when she's tired and wants to be comforted.

On Thanksgiving, she was standing on the seat of our overstuffed chair beside her daddy. She was looking over the arm of the chair. I crouched down beside the chair so that our heads were about level. I started talking to Melody ... and she started babbling back! A lot!

Julie said it was the first time she heard Melody talk like that. It was a sweet, memorable moment. I'm grateful Melody chose to have her first long "conversation" with me.


She's got a new tooth in there that she likes to feel, too.

No comments: