Tuesday, November 14, 2017

Month of Gratitude - Day 14

Prompt: What sight are you grateful for today?


I'm grateful for the daily sight of my living room mantle. I call it my pumpkin patch because during Autumn the mantle filled with all manner of unique decorative pumpkins. I'm also grateful for the creative streak that resides in me and keeps pushing its way out when I play in my Studio.

Here are the two most recent pumpkin patch additions:

This is my current favorite piece. It's a plain pumpkin that I embellished with a couple strings of party beads, some leaves left over from a floral project, and a stem made of a wooden skewer. I got my inspiration from Pinterest, but created it my own way. It's more subdued than the inspiration piece.



.
I also remade my floral pumpkin because I wasn't quite satisfied with the one I made a few weeks ago. This is better, but still doesn't quite satisfy the vision I had.


Still, I like the way these two new additions add panache to my pumpkin patch. I have more ideas in mind - including some crocheted pumpkins - but they may have to wait until next year.


---

Beaded pumpkin inspired by The Swell Designer's Gold Bling Pumpkin



Floral pumpkin inspired by Lowe's Pumpkins Decorated with Chrysanthemums


No comments: