Tuesday, January 16, 2018

Rosie - Part 1

Now that Ho! Ho! Ho! is finished and framed, I've moved on to the next design in the 2006 Cross-Stitch Calendar, Rosie the Lamb.

This one makes me smile. I love the colors. The piece is helping me look forward to the sunny days of Spring as I trudge through these winter days. (Though I must admit that yesterday was lovely because it was sunny and nearly balmy at 38 degrees).

I was able to get a small start on the stitching last night. I plan to cocoon for the next few days and stitch a lot.


I find that I'm in a bit of a creative slump right now, especially where photography is concerned. This morning I started reading Julia Cameron's The Artist's Way. It's a book I've been meaning to read for well over a decade. I've made it a priority to read one chapter each day as part of my morning routine. I've also bought two of her subsequent books that I hope to work through: It's Never Too Late to Begin Again and Finding Water: The Art of Perseverance.

One of my 18 Goals in 2018 is to go on a retreat. Perhaps I'll look for a retreat/workshop based on the principles in these books. In the forward to The Artist's Way, Julia reveals that her teachings began as workshops, then were gathered and compiled into a book.  It would be great to be on a retreat with like-minded people finding their path into their artistry.

No comments: