Sunday, January 7, 2018

Ho Ho Ho update

I had a chance to do some stitching this weekend and made a bit of progress on Ho Ho Ho!
Here's  the cover of the pattern:


This is the progress I made.


As I was stitching along, I came across a problem. The grid line I'd stitched where that arrow points was only 9 threads below the grid line above. The grid is supposed to be 10 threads apart. That messed up my counting for a few stitches before I figured out the problem.

Thank goodness it's a small pattern. I can easily adjust for my miscount of the grid. Were it a larger pattern, I'd need to take out the bottom grid lines and restitch them.

On the very first cross-stitch chart I ever bought, Newborn King, I miscounted the grid lines. I did a good deal of stitching before realizing what my mistake was. That stitchery remains unfinished for several reasons, but mainly due to having to compensate for that error. My second "18 in 2018" goal for this year is to either complete that piece, or realize it's too far gone and dispose of it. I highly doubt I'll start over.

I hope to make time for more stitching tomorrow. Stitching aids in keeping my mental health sound during these cold, dreary winter days. Even if I end up tossing Newborn King, I'll be able to justify it by realizing that it aided in helping me maintain my mental health during the hours I stitched on it -- until it got so frustrating that it hurt my mental health instead!

Life's too short to try and correct all my mistakes.

No comments: