Sunday, January 28, 2018

My Loss is My Gain

Well here's something you'll rarely see from me. I gave up on this stitching project after having put hours and hours and frustration and years into it. I finally decided to discard Newborn King.

I cut off any usable fabric from the edges. They're big enough for ornaments or bookmarks. Then -- BOOM! -- I threw the rest away.


I thought I'd hear a trumpet fanfare. Or at least a rim shot.

But no.

I heard only the scratch of pencil on paper as I checked off the first finish of my 18 in 2018 goals.


Truly, I thought I'd feel either relief or elation. I felt neither, and that's slightly disappointing. It simply felt like the next thing to do. Perhaps this will help me realize I can watch old hopes and projects fall away as I turn toward newer projects that light me up.

A plus? I do have a bit more room on one shelf of my Studio.

No comments: