Saturday, March 3, 2018

Shamrock Welcome

I put together a little welcome sign to hang by our door for St. Patrick's Day.



  1. The glittery foam shamrocks in two shades of green are from the Dollar Tree.
    .
  2. I cut letters out of white card stock and adhered them to the shamrocks with some glitter glue.
    .
  3. Then I smeared another layer of glitter glue over the top of the letters to give them a little sparkle.
    .
  4. I glued a length of ribbon onto the back of the foam shamrocks, leaving a loop at the top for hanging.
    .
  5. Next, I tied a little bow and glued it in place at the top.
    .
  6. The foam is so lightweight that my sign was getting battered around in the wind. So to give it a little weight, I taped a "lucky penny" to the back of each shamrock. That gives my sign just enough weight to hang nicely by the front door.


Each shamrock is about four inches tall. I used about 1 yard of ribbon. The overall length is 33 inches.

If you look closely at the "W" you may be able to see a little of the glitter from the glitter glue. Were I to try this again, I think I'd attempt to make the letters sparkle a different way.

No comments: