Tuesday, March 27, 2018

Painted Rocks

There's a bit of a fad in my area right now of painting rocks, hiding them, and letting other people find them. They can either keep the rocks they find, or hide them again. I thought I'd join in.


So far, I've painted just these three rocks. I found some rocks I liked on my walks. Washed them. Then began the decorating process by spray painting a gray base coat.


For this batch, I used some paint pens to paint the designs. I didn't have any particular design in mind when I began. I let the rocks speak to me. I did add at least one signature heart to each rock.


I found it a very Zen experience. I dabbled while listening to an audio book. By the time I was done, I felt quite peaceful inside.


When the painting was done and dry, I flipped the rocks over and added my name and date.


I finished by spraying on a clear coat which protects the paint and makes the rocks nice and shiny. It also taught me the lesson that using black Sharpie doesn't work so well because it bled when I added the clear coat. I'll need to get a black paint pen.

On my next walk, I think I might hide these up at the elementary school playground -- when the kids are not at recess.

No comments: