Friday, April 30, 2021

Forest Full of Flowers

After our daughter Jodie got off work, she gave me a call and asked if I'd like to go for a walk with her at her favorite park. She led me to a wooded part of Doris Ranch I'd never seen before. I was looking forward to taking my "big girl camera" out for an expedition. My first attempt was to photograph a deep purple lilac. But ... nope. My camera battery was completely dead.

No problem. I'll use my phone's camera. Nope. I'd left my phone in my car at her house. So after having a little "stomp-around" in my head, I switched gears. After all, after months and months, I got to spend one-on-one maskless time with Jodie in nature!

Fawn Lily


It was so lovely. The tall trees formed a canopy over the garden of wildflowers in full Spring bloom. There was a gentle rain, but on the narrow dirt path, we were protected from the mist by our tall wooded friends.

False Solomon's Seal


Jodie was able to name many of the plants, and to take a lot of gorgeous photos with her phone's camera. It was such a delightful way to spend the late Friday afternoon, especially because I'd had a fairly anxious week (involving contentious emails with a financial institution, a bad Yelp review, a low-grade fever for an entire day, a difficult doctor appointment, and rats under our house).

Camas


For a few hours, I had beautiful company, and gorgeous surroundings.


Checker Lily


'twas an excellent way to end a month.

No comments: