Saturday, November 6, 2021

Eugene Park Tour -- Ascot Park

Ascot Park turned out to be very different than I expected. It's in the Harlow neighborhood. The city website boasts that it's, "the largest athletic field complex in the city park system." I figured that must be very impressive because the park by my house has a large kid play area, a full fenced track/football/soccer area, and a baseball stadium with three diamonds.



But Ascot Park looks more like an extension of the middle school playground.



The park sits back behind the school off a small parking lot with these small trees.



Sure, there are big soccer fields. You can see one team in training here behind Dale. (He's such a sport, acting as my model).



We drove through the nearby neighborhood to see if we missed the "real" park entrance. We thought there might be restrooms and a play area for little kids. Nope. Look closely from this angle and you'll see a fence that looks like the back of a baseball diamond over on the right. Curiously, I didn't even see any bleachers for spectators to watch the games.



There is also a bark-covered walking track around the field. Because a cold wind was blowing and my bum knee was aching, we weren't able to walk the track that day.

But honestly, I was unimpressed and probably won't return.

No comments: