Monday, November 8, 2021

In Time for Thanksgiving

Thus far, my creativity is sticking around. Last week I pulled out this Happy Thanksgiving chart designed by Bent Creek. 



I chose this two-toned 28 count Country Quaker cloth by Zweigart as the background fabric. I used a mix of DMC solid floss and some Gentle Art Sampler Thread overdyed fibers.



The design is only 50 x 50 stitches, so it went quickly. I didn't make a single counting error ... so it went more quickly than usual. I like the turkey's goofy expression and overall primitive vibe.



I framed it in a simple 10 inch square frame (without glass), using some scrapbook paper for a mat. I'll hang Mr. Turkey in the living room with the other three Fall square stitcheries: Gobble Gobble, Harvest Basket, and Pumpkin Patch.



It's encouraging to be able to go start to finish on a cross-stitch project again! So I pulled out another Christmas ornament pattern to work on next. It's a Santa, stitched on plastic canvas.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Yay! It looks great here - I think the green diamonds mat was the right choice. I'll look forward to seeing it with all the other Fall square stitcheries.