Tuesday, February 28, 2023

Watercolor Heart Cards - 1

I completed all the cards that I started in my watercolor workshop, then mailed most of them in February. Due to being sick in December and January, I didn't send my usual batch of Christmas cards. So I sent those friends Valentines instead.

All of the painting was done on watercolor paper that was cut to size. I adhered the painting to the front of card blanks. On some, I added sentiments. I let the hearts speak for themselves on other cards. Inside, I wrote a little poem. I was able to use all materials from my stash -- even postage stamps!

Over the next weeks, I'll share all 28 watercolor heart cards that I finished. Here are the first four:

#1



#2



#3



#4



These cards are a good first attempt with watercolor. I'm quite pleased with most of them. Even the oddball paintings aren't complete duds, so I feel good about sharing them.

No comments: