Saturday, June 7, 2008

A Wet Day


I was going to post a phrase that just said, "Ouch!"

But I thought I'd first look to see what phrase I'd already picked out for today.
When I read it, I decided to post it as planned.

This is what my life feels like today.
Not enough sleep.
Transitioning from the school year to summer.
Ending my two-year Creative Journey.
Feeling some emotional upheaval.

On top of that, it's a cold, wet day outside.
My hands feel like they need gloves as they move over the keyboard.

In other words, I fell into my path's puddle.

So today I plan to be very gentle to myself.
Pick myself up.
Dry off.
Put on my warm terrycloth robe and pink striped slippers.
Curl up in my stitching nest.
Start a new project.
Watch some recorded TV shows and a movie.
Love on my husband and daughter.
Take a nap.

Oh. And eat a bit of chocolate ice cream
(not on Jenny's plan, but I did settle for the "1/2 the fat" variety.

Now and then when I fall down and get bruised, I need a day to just be gentle to myself and heal up.

No comments: