Wednesday, July 23, 2008

See Order Within

Wow. It this good advice for me today!

The weird head space I was in yesterday morning didn't get any better as the day wore on. As I was headed into Coeur d'Alene to pick Jodie and her friend up from driving school, it dawned on me why I felt so out of sorts.

A storm was blowing in.

Low pressure systems have an evil effect on me every time. Usually, once I realize that's the cause, I handle the weird feelings better. That worked ... for a time.

But I had to do a major Plan B yesterday. Because of the storm ... that turned into a downpour when we got home ... there was not enough good natural light for our photo shoot. It's been postponed. Rats.

I gave up on the day before eating dinner. Peeled off my outside clothes and wrapped up in my robe. Finished knitting one adult hat (that's me, modeling it), then started a child hat.

Planted myself in front of the TV (tivo) and watched The Daily Show, The Colbert Report, Ebert & Roper, and two episodes of Design Star.


By that time, I'd finished the smaller hat (that's my water bottle, modeling it). Went to bed.

Because as Scarlett O'Hara would say ... "Tomorrow is another day!"

Had a fitful night. Argh!

So as Anne Shirley said, "Today is a new day ... with no mistakes in it yet."

So ... Off to Quilters I go to renew my spirit in the company of my 'old hag' friends. Perhaps while I'm at the church, I'll take a moment to go up to the sanctuary, light a candle, and follow the advice in Today's Phrase:
Pause for introspection;
Seek order within

No comments: