Wednesday, November 26, 2008

On My Desk - Thanksgiving Dinner

If it's Wednesday, it's time for another installment of On My Desk

Today's desk? The kitchen counter, once again.

Thanksgiving Dinner Plans

In the United States, we'll be celebrating Thanksgiving tomorrow. Having been born on Thanksgiving Day a half century ago, Thanksgiving is just about my very favorite holiday.

We're having a small celebration tomorrow ... just my two youngest daughters, my sweet husband and myself. As you can see, we're keeping the cooking easy by using boxed mixes and canned goodies rather than going out and hunting down a turkey, baking bread just to turn it into stuffing, and cooking lumpy mashed potatoes.

Not for me! I'll do it more simply, please.

It is a rather traditional menu, though ... unlike some years when we make lasagna!

BREAKFAST
Bisquick coffee cake
Fresh fruit

MUNCHIES
Peanuts
Olives
Veggies
Wheat crackers with hummus

MAIN MEAL
Turkey breast
Gravy (canned!)
Stove Top Stuffing
Idahoan mashed potatoes (boxed flakes)
Hot Buttery Warm-n-Serv rolls (baked from frozen)
Zucchini (lightly breaded and baked Italian style)
Green salad

DESSERT
(OK. I like to bake. I'll go crazy here.)
Dutch apple pie
Hazelnut Pumpkin Cheese Cake

Sound good? If you're in town, stop on by!

1 comment:

Kathryn in NZ said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!!!!!!

lotsa hugs from downunder where it's your birthday done and gone already, so hope it was a fabulous day....