Saturday, November 8, 2008

A Day of Rest


Today, I literally spent most of my time at home. My sweet husband and I brought our laptops out to the dining room table and spent time working on our individual projects while bantering with one another, sending each other links to funny videos, and snacking on Chex Mix.

It was a very good way to spend a day ... getting things done, and enjoying each other's company.

More than being 'at home' at home, I long to be comfortable in my own skin in all situations. Sometimes I still get intimidated by folks I perceive to be on a higher social plane, or by folks with huge talents that I admire. I can still be a nervous ninny when I step too far out of my comfort zone.

But I'm getting better all the time, being sure of who I am, and meeting others from that secure point of view. I long to be at home wherever I find myself.

No comments: