Sunday, March 22, 2009

Sunday Secrets: March 22, 2008

PostSecret is an ongoing community art project where people mail in their secrets anonymously on one side of a homemade postcard. I find it to be an insightful sociological experiment.

Great news for me! Frank will be bringing a Post Secret Event to the University of Idaho (where my daughter goes to school). So cool. I hope to go. So the first secret here is from the UofI event page on Facebook. The other two secrets were posted on Frank's blog this morning.


If I believed that 'everyone' was this polarized and reactionary, I'd be worried, too. Thank goodness, not everyone is. There are still rational thinkers and speakers in my circle of contacts.


The thing about antidepressants is that they are not the cure to the depression. They can certainly be a good early step. After feeling so down for so long, the medication can seem to make you feel emotionless. In my experience, they help you up from that low place. But that's just the start. The pills can't make you happy. That's where your own hard work comes into play. The meds help with the first few steps, then counseling, determination, gratitude, and the doggedness of putting one foot in front of the other will help a person climb the rest of the way out of the hole. If you're expecting meds to do the whole job, you have very unreasonable expectations.



Yet.

No comments: