Thursday, March 12, 2009

Sing!

For the first time in months, I pulled out my guitar and music, and sang.

It felt pretty darn good.

The songs I concentrated on were some that I've written over the last 35 years. All are based on my spiritual beliefs. I pulled them out, looking for common threads and recalling the circumstances that initiated the writing.

Singing through my compositions ... getting my fingers to form the proper chords on my guitar ... gave me a firm sense of how the Spirit has been working in my life for years.

While writing in my journal yesterday morning, a poem I wrote back in 1987 came to mind. A friend of mine set the words to music.


Spirit Song

Spirit God, Spirit Dove
Flutter down, release your love

Spirit Quiet, Spirit Peace
Soothe my heart, teach me release

Spirit Fire, Spirit Flame
Burn in my my spirit name

Spirit Wind, Spirit Breeze
Blow in me; set me free.

Margaret M. Davaz

1 comment:

Carolyn NC said...

Music truly soothes the soul, doesn't it? Glad you're able to enjoy singing once again.